Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

IndiceUltime immaginiCercaRegistratiAccedi

FAQ European Survivor Panthera

Andare in basso 
AutoreMessaggio
Vayna Miychovich

FAQ European Survivor Panthera Empty
MessaggioTitolo: FAQ European Survivor Panthera   FAQ European Survivor Panthera EmptyMer Mag 07, 2014 8:58 am

Here is a listing of frequently asked questions on the European Survivor Panthera server, which would be helpfull before requesting admin support.

Server Settings

Q. Do I need a plotpole to start building?
A. Yes. In fact a base requires the presence of a plotpole, otherwise it can be perceived as inactive and marked for deletion over time.

Q. Can I construct a plotpole?
A. No, this script has not been installed on the server. Plotpoles can be obtained from traders.

Q. Can I construct a bike?
A. No, this script has not been installed on the server.

Q. Can I suicide on this server?
A. Yes. In the ArmA panel you can select "Suicide" after you have broken your leg. An no we won't TP you back to your body because glitches caused you to die or break your leg.

Q. What is the buildlimit?
A. Currently the build limit isset at 250 objects.

Q. Is there night and day on this server?
A. Yes. Dusk will set in around 24:00 CET, ingame watches will more accurately reflect the time and help translating it to your specific timezone.

Q. Why are all the cars locked?
A. The server spawns 1500 vehicle so it should be possible to find a ride that is unlocked, however vehicles don't spawn fully intact so you will need to get your hands dirty!

Q. Are vehicles removed from the server?
A. Yes, wrecks and vehicles that are fully damaged (all indicators on red when in the driving position) will be automatically be removed upon server restart.

Q. Is decay on on this server and if yes do I need to maintain the base using the plotpole?
A. No, decay is not activated on the server and as such there is no need to maintain the base using the plotpole.

Q. Are there reserved slots available on the server?
A. No. The server operates on the first come first serve principle. Additonally admins are not allowed to remove people to make room for clan members.

Q. Are traders safe?
A. Yes. Traders have god mode actived and also accessing backpacks is prohibited unless your tagged as friendly. Vehicles can receive damage so make sure the area is clear or travel on foot.

Q. Is camping of traders and bases allowed on this server.
A. Yes. Although not encouraged, camping is tolerated as enforcing is practically not executable and the map/ trader locations offer sufficient options to avoid being camped in. Do make sure your base has multiple exits and openings to spray lead upon those that dared to siege your castle!

Q. Can I use sidechat for communications?
A. Yes. The ArmA2 engine offers little to no options for direct communications amongst server residents, therefore use of sidechat is allowed. Do know that sidechat is more moderated then other chats and if you somehow missed the first warning you could loose connection . . . .

Vehicles

Q. I lost my key to the vehicle, can you supply a duplicate?
A. No. Harsh but you need to be carefull or always make a duplicate yourself. It is almost impossible for us to determine how you lost it, verify your statements by server logs or even verify whether the vehicle was yours in the first place. As such we don't duplicate keys on demand and recommend to pick the lock and sell it while you can.

Q. My car has flipped, can you turn it?
A. No. Best advise would be to drive carefully or avoid offroad. Your can try to upright it by driving and steering, bumping with another vehicle or wait for a server restart which sometimes autocorrects the situation. Better yet, the flip script has been activated, allowing you to upright the vehicle yourself. The script is an option on the vehicle just as 'gear', but can be hard to find sometimes.

Q. I am locked in my car, but I haven't got the key! Can you get me out or provide a new key?
A. No. If you let someone steal your key it would be probably best to get it back by killing him or raiding his base. You can get out of the car by relogging but we won't provide copies of the key or open it up for you. Hotwire kits can be found to do this yourself and sell it.

Q. A locked vehicle is blocking the traderspawn, can you remove it?
A. Yes. Locked vehicles on the traderspawn will be removed also when encountered. Locked vehicles in traderareas will be removed if they start to clutter the area. Vehicles can receive damage in traderareas so if no admins are online you can also blow it up.

Q. My vehicle mysterically blew up or disappeared, can you spawn a new one?
A. No. Dayz EPOCH ain't perfect and also with the logs available it is hard to tell why it happened or what was in it. We only help out if we are fairly sure of what you lost and if we can established that it wasn't through normal gameplay or standard EPOCH glitches (be very carefull with bridges on this map!)

Q. I have a vehicle in my base/ blocking the base, can you please remove it?
A. No. You can either blow it up or hotwire it to remove it yourself. Admins will only remove the vehicle if the option to repair the vehicle is not given or if it is an illegit (non-Dayz/EPOCH) spawn.

Missions

Q. What are the coloured circles on the map?
A. These are mission sites, the colours represent the loot spawn; Blue is medical, Red would be weapons and/or ammo, Yellow for currency and or other valuables, Green sites are building materials;

Q. Are there static NPC bases?
A. Yes. On Panthera there are three static bases: Ukanc, Woodburry Island and east of Ramons Villa.

Q.  I found a crate but it won't open!
A. Random crates are spawned without circle indications on the map, these can only be found by exploring the island. These crates can be opened by applying sheer damage by for instance bullets, a hatchet or chainsaw, after that the content can be released with a crowbar and a toolbox.

Q. How good is the AI?
A. The missions range in difficulty, but on average they can be cleared by a single player if he knows what he is doing. The AI gear is random, but expect a squad to have all specialties, their shot is pretty accurate, their routing and intelligence is pretty bad and they do not share intel.

Q. What are the flags on the map?
A. These are NPC bases, green ones are abandonned, red ones are active.

Bases

Q. I can't build anymore due to a max item restriction, can you please help me out?
A. No. EPOCH has a standard limit of 150 building items per plotpole and this server is actually set at 250 which would allow for a pretty awesome base. Please take this into account when planning your base, avoid unnecessary amounts of items (i.e. half cinderblock walls) and also leave room for repairs if someone decides to kick in your door!

Q. It says there is another plotpole, but this is my base! Could you remove it?
A. No. Sometimes people place plotpoles in bases to slowdown repairs, be able to disassemble certain parts for own use or just be a jerk. We always advice people to properly defend their plotpoles with walls or simply hide them from view as they are the most valuable thing you have in your base. Who owns the plotpole pretty much rules the base in EPOCH terms. Likesaid, they could have hid the pole in the walls or other objects, we will only remove plotpoles if there is no means of removing them by players. To remove a plotpole make sure you have a toolbox and a crowbar!

Q. What defines an active base?
A. An active base is an enclosed area (terrain or building), which is only accessible for 'owners' (locked) and that has a plotpole. This will be assessed over time so don't freak out if you are currently building up, someone just kicked in the doors or removed the plotpole.

Q. I made a building error, could you remove parts so I can redo it?
A. No, We consider that a lessons learned, which would make you think twice before pressing spacebar again. Removal is easy, just apply damage to it as only safes are indestructible on this server. The only time we remove stuff is when it is bugged.

Q. When will bases be removed, cause mine is gone!
A. Bases are removed if they are deemed to be inactive or located in a restricted building area such as military spawns.

Q. Parts of my base keep disappearing, can you fix this?
A. No. Most likely people are raiding your base or remove builditems because you haven't got a plotpole in place. Also keep in mind that items placed on top of roads are frequently removed by the ArmA2 engine. If there is faul play we will ofcource act upon that or when the build seems bugged and the server restart didn't fix it we will try to help out.

Player Interaction

Q. OMG I got shot! Can you ban that monster?
A. No. This server supports PVP and PVE, hero and bandit, but you can't enforce your preferred playstyle on others;

Q. They are basecamping me, can you issue a 10km restraining order for stalking?
A. No. As much as basecamping can be a nuissance, it can be a valid tactic if you want your neighbours to leave the area. It is difficult to draw a line in the sand to establish exact what should be considered basecamping and there are plenty of ways to disencourage such playstyles as a player.

Q. I am being harrassed, can you kick this guy?
A. No. If you are allowed to play Dayz, we assume that you are also old enough to understand that the world has some dysfunctional people in it that make up for their own failed life by bullying on the anonymous and physically safe internet. And because you have that adult mindset you are also capable of ignoring them and knowing not to feed the trolls. That said, we want to keep gameplay fun so in case of persistent spamming of chat with non gameplay related garbage or clear racist expressions we will warn people to get their act together and act responsible or kick people if they can't get a grip on them theirselves.

Q I suspect admin power abuse, can I report this without being kicked?
A. Yes. The admin team consists of people from 3 different rivalling clans. The rules are pretty clear that in no way an admin is allowed to use his powers to provide an advantage for himself or others in regard to other players on the server. The admin tool/ anticheat logs all admin actions and in case abuse is deemed they will be removed. We keep an eye on one another on a constant basis as we know by experience that the temptation is there but that it would totally ruin the server if we break the trust. If you have a strong suspicion please report it on these forums so all admins can take notice and provide details that would make it easier to search the logs and understand the circumstances.

Q. OMG I got kicked! Why?????
A. We never kick without warning, apart from the autokick functionality.
BattleEye kicks when your files are tampered with, if you receive such notification please reinstall asap because these kicks could cause a permaban on all battleeye protected servers, which is basically 90%.
During the development of EPOCH a codeflaw has occured related to signatures, other players can confirm if you got kicked due to signatures and if this is the case please visit ned-clan.com/signaturefix to read how to fix this.
Last could be the autokick for voice in sidechat or global. To avoid abuse this is not tollerated and the server will kick you if you open your microphone for more then a second.

Traders

Q. They are camping the trader! Is this allowed?
A. Yes. Same as with basecamping it is hard to define and proof that a camp exists. The Panthera map offers sufficient traders and coverage to avoid getting shot while approaching and with the godmode on in the zone itself it shouldn't be so hard not to die while getting your groceries. Traders are PVP hotspots and if you don't want that or aren't geared up yet, it would be better to await quiet times or make use of the night.

Q. My vehicle got destroyed at the trader, is this allowed?
A. Yes. Godmode does not incorporate vehicles, which should be taken into account when selling your DMR's. Also abandonned and locked vehicles can be removed at the traders by admins or simply sold by players.

Q. Do you have the prices for goods at traders?
A. No. this game is about survival and in order to do this you will have to explore or cooperate. So ask for a pricecheck with people you meet or go to the trader yourself.

Q. Some items are out of stock, can this be?
A. Yes. Especially for vehicles we have a limit of 1500 but this will hit every 2 months, due to locked and abandonned cars. Therefore we will perform a periodic database wipe for vehicles removing them all and allow new seeds and buys. These wipes will be thoroughly announced so don't panic, you will know when the time comes.

Server Maintenance

Q. I lost stuff because of a server reset, can I get a refund?
A. No. As harsh as it may sound, it is difficult for us to do so. We only reset the server upon major incidents usually if not all related to hackers. Choosing for a reset usually deals with choosing the option with the less impact to the players, meaning that people would loose more stuff if we didn't do so. Not every event is logged and certainly not on a constant basis, therefore we are open to it but can't make any promises.

Q. I enjoy playing on this server and would like to support it, how can I do this?
A. Donations as small as $1 are already hugely appreciated. You can donate to the creditcard account which pays for the server using paypal, details will be added. We want to keep a fair playing field and won't hand out 'golden bullets', but we will remember who keep the server running.
Torna in alto Andare in basso

FAQ European Survivor Panthera
Pagina 1 di 1